5 Things Men Should Do For Their Wife!
Women don’t understand men and men don’t understand women; this is the common theory and quite frankly an excuse to not try to be better. My question is simple, if you knew exactly what to do every day so your wife was always happy and in turn you were happy; what would that be worth?
Book after book is sold to men and women in an attempt to explain the opposite sex. Books like “Men are From Mars and Women are From Venus” or “His Needs, Her Needs” but they all leave you with the same question when you’re done. How do I make MY wife happy?
The truth is that every woman is different and their wants and needs are different. However, they are commonalities among women’s desires. They want to feel something whether it’s from the movies they watch to the clothes they buy. Most everything they do is connected with feelings.
So as a man who mostly operates from logic; how do we tap into our abilities to feel and do things for our spouse to encourage those feelings of joy, peace and security? Here are 5 things that can help you accomplish this seemingly monumental task.
- Out of the blue when she’s not expecting it say: I Love You, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I want you to know that I know that (or something similar). This touch of romance will invite an “awe” moment and might even bring some tears to her eyes. Guys don’t make this a one-time thing either; do this often but always when it’s unexpected and do it even if you don’t feel like doing it because you know that she’s worth it.
- Next time you’re in a public place and you’re walking; stop, pull her close and give her the best kiss that you’ve ever given her in front of everyone. When she asks what you’re doing tell her “I just love you and I don’t care who knows it”. This again speaks to her romantic side. The very reason that she loves all those movies for and gives her a sense that you want her to feel romance not just watch it on the big screen. If this is too public for you find another more subtle way to project the same message of romance. If you’re short of ideas watch some chick-flicks.
- In my humble opinion men should always and I mean ALWAYS open the door for their wife. Getting in and out of the car or walking into a building; I know the women are equal thing has changed how we treat women. However, the simple act of opening a door for her gives her a sense of importance and respect and she certainly should be important to you. It reminds her of a time when she was the princess growing up and gives a sense of that you want to take care of her.
- Work hard to provide for your family but work harder to give them the love that they need to know that you have for them. Say I love you repeatedly throughout the day; end every phone call with I love you and never make the mistake of thinking for a moment that you could say those words too much. These are words that are seldom used to little; no one I know has ever gotten a divorce for loving their wife too much or telling them they love them too much. If anything the opposite is true.
- This is one of my favorite things to do; it’s called fawning but I call it telling my wife how sexy I think she is and I mean it when I say it too. The worst thing a man can ever do is to compare his wife’s looks to someone else but if you can look at her and see her real beauty and articulate that; she’ll think you’ve lost a couple of bolts in that brain of yours but deep down she will have an explosion of feelings (good ones) that will be obvious in the blushing of her face. Women go on diet after diet just to look good so they feel good. There is power in telling her that although she sees her imperfections you see her beauty. Listen God made her for you and if you’re going to last a lifetime then you might want to start looking for and finding what’s beautiful about her and telling her on a regular basis; you’ll find an unexpected blessing in your marriage in doing so.
I will have some more ideas to better your relationship with your wife soon but for now try to prove that these 5 don’t work and take note of the results so you can come back and post a comment of how stupid these ideas are. However, when I’m right, because love always works, please come back and post those too.
Just remember relationships are about what you give and not what you get (It’s even Biblical). Oddly enough when you invest into your marriage by giving your wife what she needs to be happy; somehow she is more willing to do the things that make you happy and in the end you have a loving relationship that can and will last a lifetime.
Also, please subscribe to our monthly newsletter. [Click Here]